06 Jan Things to let go of in 2017
Happy New Year!
I hope that you are having a fabulous start to 2018.
2017 was a year of tremendous breakthroughs and healing. It was one of the most rewarding and gratifying years of my life. I didn’t get richer, didn’t find a life partner, didn’t earn a degree but the clarity, abundance, great relationships nurtured, love and personal growth I experienced were amazing!
At the end of every year I make a gratitude list of experiences, lessons and people because, well, gratitude builds faith and joy. However, since 2017 was my ‘Year of No to People and Yes to Me“, I learnt many behaviours and attitudes I needed to let go.
Here are a few of them:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Live every day with intention. Every day matters. Everything I choose to do (or don’t do) in a day really matters and adds up.
- To engage in experiments, mental models and focus on how to increase capacity learning to learn to push through with my goals and decision making.
- Let go of friends who don’t put effort into our relationships. The energy I put into them never gets returned. I still love them but I am making room for people who meet me halfway.
- On that note…no longer having people around me whom I cannot actively learn from. This is really important to me and I’m no longer compromising.
- Trying to force flow with someone when it is obvious we don’t gel in a basic interaction. It doesn’t matter how great I hear the person is or who recommends them. I need to trust my intuition and honour my spirit.
- Over feeling sorry for myself because of my perception of circumstances. Watching as life passes me by instead of taking charge. I am not stuck.
- No longer playing victim: as a minority, as mixed race, as a woman, as an immigrant, as anything really.
- Letting go of the belief that it is too late to start the career or hobbies that I want.
- Letting go of shame and guilt from my past. Embracing, honouring my stories and understanding that they do not define me, but contribute to my overall growth.
- Letting go of the need of everything to be just right – perfectionism is stifling ya’ll!
- Letting go of negative self-talk and negative self-descriptions.
- Letting go of bitterness over the small things in everyday life. I’m looking at you inconsiderate drivers.
- Letting go of toxic thoughts, toxic things, toxic people, my own toxic behaviour. Focus on being kind and putting more goodness into the world; on loving myself and others with fierce compassion. Spreading love, blessings and white light is the name of the game. See the beauty in everything!!!
- Letting go of people who make me feel like I need to change in order to be loved.
- Never stopping my self-care and meditation practices no matter how busy life gets. My peace of mind is not worth the rat race.